Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage can be a formidable force to both the state of your property and the condition of your life. No one is 100% prepared for the unpredictable feats of nature that come with either internal or natural water damage. But, we are here to help, not only on the job site but also on this website to provide you with information on what to do if such a disaster ever does enter your life. As soon as water damage is suspected, it is best to follow these simple tips:
- call a restoration service company like SERVPRO of Lake Forest South/ Laguna Woods (949) 429-3188 to come inspect the state of damage
- clear all electric appliances out the affected areas IF it can be done safely
- remove any furniture cushions and upholstery that is affected by the water
- mop the floors and draw as much moisture our from the area as possible
- place fans around the area to dry out the moisture to the best of your ability
- clear the area completely of all tabletop items and miscellaneous belongings
Call SERVPRO of Lake Forest South/ Laguna Woods at (949) 429-3188 to schedule an inspection of your property.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (949) 429-3188
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.